Thursday, January 16, 2014

Bathroom Renovation Day 9

Day 9 here of Bathroom Renovation, and I'm starting to think my whole house needs a renovation!   There is dust all over the place and it looks like a burlap bomb hit my house!  Earlier in the day I walked out to go to the store and this is what I saw on my front lawn....



Do you think I should make a planter out of it?  I wonder what it would look like wrapped in burlap?  No?  
Okay..said toilet is now safely in the back yard with the old bath tub awaiting the next trip to the dump.  

Anyway...my poor husband is one tired puppy tonight!  He has worked so hard and has gotten a lot accomplished.  The first thing that he did was put up the new light fixture!   He also filled in the holes where he had to screw the mirror into the wall.  Don't look at that dust on the mirror now!  Just admire the brushed nickel and the way that I am going to have 10 lights since it is doubled in the mirror.  I like! 



The next thing that he did was pull out the old toilet (yes, the planter) and begin laying the new floor down.
  

Isn't it pretty?  It is a new product put out by Home Depot called TrafficMaster Allure Resilient Vinyl Plank Flooring.   The great thing about this product is that it is safe to use in bathrooms, and it goes in like wood or laminate wood flooring. It looks very much like real wood.  We are very pleased.

We got interrupted (well, Mike got interrupted....I was just playing with burlap) by a phone call from Lowes to say that our bath tub was in! So, off to Lowes we go. When we got home, we unloaded it in the basement, and filled it up with water to check out the fittings. Everything was good to go  Now we just need to move it upstairs, find an electrician to hook us up an new GFCI plug, move the pipes to their proper place (builders had done some weird short cut), and tile around it...That sounds like a lot.... One day I will get to take a bath in it :).  

Mike got back to the floor,and then tried to install the new toilet. 

Awkward! 

Poor guy, it was giving him all kinds of trouble. We didn't get the bolts that we needed and the flange doesn't seem to fit this toilet properly... Mike had worked long and hard, and finally decided to call it a day.   Hopefully he will be able to walk tomorrow.  I appreciate my hard working man!

In other news, I made this cute little vanity tray today.


So far I have heard: 

"Go with all white it will make it feel like a Spa!"  -my younger sister  My husband kind of likes this idea.-
"Burlap doesn't sound like 'bathroom' to me.....outhouse maybe..."-my older sister.  This made me laugh out loud!
Sage, Tan (burlap) and Persimmon are the colors that my social networking friends are liking.   It is all over Pinterest too.  That does sound pretty.  Hmmmmm....

It also occurs to me that there is a lot of sage green in some of my Polish pottery pieces that could be re-purposed to use in the bathroom.   That would be sage, navy, gold, and cream.  I'm not sure how that would look with the brown though.   So. Many. Choices!  Well...I still have time to think and plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment