Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Bird is the Word! Dollar Store Redo



I've been crafting again!  I am ready for Spring and looking for stuff to put in my new bathroom once it is done.  I think I might want to put some birds in there.  At the Dollar Tree I found two birds.   I took a before picture of one of them....I guess I forgot to take the before of the other one....but it was equally cheesy.



First I painted each of them a solid color.  I painted one taupe and one sage green.   I used the paint samples that I bought when I was thinking about which paint to use in the bathroom.  


Then I added burnt umber colored paint to them both and wiped it off with a wet paper towel.   This gave it that antique look.

I think they turned out kind of cute.   

Compare my $2 birds to the ones from Wayfair for $97.50.   Who would pay that much?  I think these are bigger and meant to go in a garden.  I think mine are just as cute.


Or these $69.95 ones from Plow and Hearth.  I'm pretty sure these are also bigger than mine..  I do really like these.   

Made in America Cast Stone Baby Birds Garden Statues

3 comments: