Saturday, July 1, 2017

July Spending Freeze and a New Puppy

Tonight I read a blog about doing a 30 day spending freeze written by my daughter.  Give it a read, it is very motivating!  The blog and my husband's gentle reminder to take a look at our Visa bill is enough to convince me to jump on the bandwagon!   We have had a lot of extra expenses lately with trying to renovate the house.  We have had to buy air fare and gas and hotel rooms and eating out for trips to and from TX as my father-in-law has been suffering from stage four cancer which just recently took his life.   I have two grand-babies that I am crazy about and love spending money on them....plus....I just bought a new puppy who will be joining our family in mid August.  She is a "miniature golden retriever."  It is a designer breed which is really just a fancy way of saying "mixed breed golden retriever/cocker spaniel" or "mutt." But....this dog has a designer price tag.  
Ruby (1 day old) 

Ruby (1 week old) 

We are naming the puppy Ruby....but I should probably be calling her "therapy"...because for some reason every time my husband and I must be separated due to a deployment or in this case his need to help his Mom and settle his Dad's affairs,  I get a new puppy.  I also tend to respond to times of stress and grief with...puppies. I've had Stormy, Copper, Sandy, Cibolo, Gretchen, Sango, Montgomery and now...Ruby.   At any rate....I'm looking forward to a new sweet little furry bundle; however, I really need to put a "moratorium on spending" as my husband calls it.  Puppies cost a lot of money.   

Anyone out there want to join us in the challenge?  
Our dog Sandy was a Golden Retriever/Cocker Spaniel mix and the
 best dog ever!   I am hoping that Ruby will be just as smart and sweet.
She passed away a couple of years ago at the ripe old age of 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment