Friday, September 27, 2013

Perfectly Imperfect

I went to the Doctor for the first time in over three years.  I am not a Doctor going kind of a girl.   I had a litany of things to go over with her now that I have mustered up the courage to go.  With all of my aches and pains I had convinced myself that there must be something wrong with me...but suspicious moles weren't very suspicious, my out of whack thyroid is "normal", I do not have diabetes or rheumatoid arthritis.   I did have elevated potassium and am vitamin d deficient.   I'm not sure what that means...so "Fiddle-dee-dee, I'll think about that tomorrow at Tara."   So....no real excuses as to why I am not the picture of health.  

Confession time.....

#1.  I have been sneaking diet coke.   I went one week cold turkey, and now I am having one occasionally when I go out.   Did I mention that I go out at least once a day?   This is way better that when I "quit" but still not perfect.   

#2.  I did one week of C25K successfully!   But last week I did not get on the treadmill at all.   Yay for the one week....but...ahem...Get. Your. Butt. Back. On. The. Treadmill!!!!   

#3.   A part of me is completely okay with sitting in my chair watching SG-1 all day long.  #idle, #out of shape,#purposeless #bad steward of all that God has given me, #taking grace for granted, #phelegmatic to the max, #all I can do is keep on trying.  

I am perfectly imperfect...

2 Peter 1:  5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge;6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness;7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

May it be so...



2 comments:

  1. I need to start blogging again. It was so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this a lot Kathryn Jo. My new word today is litany.

    ReplyDelete