Thursday, January 9, 2014

Bathroom Renovation: Days 5 and 6

Things are happening....but it isn't the picturesque stuff....

Yesterday Mike worked hard at removing the old shower insert.





It was a long hard process for one guy....even one as amazing as Mike to do.    But he accomplished the mission...and the old shower insert is now thrown off of the deck into the backyard awaiting a dump trip. "You might be a redneck if...."   Anyway...mission accomplished!   



He has also been stripping off the old wall paper and also the backing that doesn't come off with the wall paper.    It is coming right along.




He is also continuing to put more top coats on the vanity.  It is looking pretty good! 

Today we went to Lowes to buy stuff.  I love all of the choosing...but Mike isn't too thrilled by it.   He is a trooper though and we came home with a new toilet, the tile and backing, and a ton of other stuff.   We bought the new tub, but we are going to have to wait for it to come in.   I tried to take a picture of some of the stuff we bought...but they are kind of far apart in the garage so this is as good as I have. 



So....I promised to reveal the paint color choice.   Sage was the most popular choice, and also Mike's favorite.   After going back and forth a million times, I just decided to go with it.   Mike promised me that he would repaint in one year if I decide I don't like it. :).   Hey...I have lived with that old wallpaper since 2009....so I'm sure it will be good!  


1 comment:

  1. I wish it was that easy to take out our bathroom!! Mike are you busy after this?? LOL

    ReplyDelete