Tuesday, February 3, 2015

2015 Goals: Better Late than Never...and January update



I'm a little late getting these goals out there this year.   I haven't been motivated to get started after two years of reporting...but I know that it helps keep me focused and accountable... so after a month long break here we go!

2015 goals: 

1.  Read through the Bible using Reading God's Story. 
2.  Try new things to help the Church grow both spiritually and numerically. 
3.  Lose any amount of weight. 
4.  Exercise: ( I can't figure out what...so I'm just going to keep it generic and say, "do something!") 
5.  Get my photo's organized.
6.  Visit a new State (plan for Massachusetts in the works)

January wasn't a total bust in terms of progress on these goals because I have been thinking about them, even if I haven't wanted to write them down. :).

1.  I am on track reading the Bible through the year.
2.  I started a new children's ministry called Kingdom Kids for Wednesday night to enable parents to join the adult Bible Study.  Previously, we haven't had anything for the children to do during that time.  I'm using a variety of resources, but my goal is to have them interact with the major Bible stories in a very hand's on, memorable way.   I am using a lot of the Gospel Project for Kids Bible Stories, and find many fun activities on Pinterest that I tweak to serve my purposes.

We created glow bottles to help us remember that on Day 1 God
created light and named the light Day and the darkness Night.  
For the story of Adam and Eve we made this cute craft...and added some snakes from the dollar tree and some Adam and Eve paper dolls to complete the story.   


http://www.iheartcraftythings.com/2012/09/apple-tree-craft.html

For Noah's Ark, we had some fun sink or float experiments.   We made tin foil boats and saw how many pennies it would take to sink them.  
http://www.pbs.org/parents/adventures-in-learning/2014/05/design-penny-boat/

In addition to Kingdom Kids, I have continued promoting the Mommy and Me Playgroup on Friday's.  I have had a theme each week we have met...ie Frozen where we made a snow small world, and Dinosaur/reptile...sensory small world play.   



In addition to this, I have tried to promote our facebook page and also helped to get us started on twitter...trying to increase the church's presence on Social Media.   


3.  I didn't lose any weight in January :(.  

4.  Exercise....nope...didn't do that either in January.   

5.  I finished my late cousin's childhood scrapbook for my Mother.   She loved it.   
Front Cover of Scrapbook
6.  Although I haven't got to another State,  Mike and I have gone on a couple of road trips in our beautiful State of Tennessee to places I haven't been before.   We visited the Hermitage...home of Andrew Jackson...and went to Harpeth River State Park and Loveless Cafe on two different beautiful, sunny January days where the temperatures were in the 50's.   You can't beat that with a stick!   

The Hermitage 
Loveless Cafe

In addition to all that....I had lots of Grandbaby snuggles.  The little nugget had his four month old birthday.   He weighs 13 lbs 10 oz, and is 25 inches tall.   I love him from head to toe.   

Hand's always in the mouth

Sweet feet :).  


No comments:

Post a Comment