Saturday, April 30, 2016

January Walk

I struggle with winter and January seems like the longest month of the year to me.   I make resolutions, and it seems like if you have to begin something....January is the hardest month of all to make anything stick.   It's cold, gloomy, dark and dead.   I get the January blues....but....

This morning, I decided to go looking for beauty and joy.   Here is what I found.
"The boundary lines have fallen for me in
pleasant places; surely I have a delightful
inheritance."  Psalm 16:6

"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and
humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls."  Matthew 11:29

Memories

Color

"but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
Isaiah 40:31

"For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face.
Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known."
1 Corinthians 13:12

Tenacity
"And let us not grow weary of doing good,
 for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up."
Galatians 6:9

"Those on the rocky ground are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it,
but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away."
Luke 8:13


Confusion

"He leads me beside quiet waters. He refreshes my soul "
Psalm 23:2
The South....trucks, flags, and Jesus.  

Ability

Loyalty

Nostalgia

Texture

Fruitful
"Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction."
2 Timothy 4:2

"The seed that fell among weeds stands for those who hear,
but as they go on their way they are choked by life’s worries,
riches
 and pleasures, and they do not mature.
Luke 8: 14
Variety

Beauty

Man made progress

Wishes and Dreams 

Provision, Home, Blessing






No comments:

Post a Comment