Monday, September 1, 2014

August update on 2014 Resolutions

1. Read 100 Books in 2014  I have read 57 books so far this year   Check them out on pinterest!  http://www.pinterest.com/kathywood1/read-100-books-in-2014/ I am really falling behind here.  

2. Brain Training Games on Kindle J.  Hey! Goals can be fun J.  I continue to play Words With Friends. Come and play me (ksw1963).   I also play Ruzze and Candy Crush.   I have been playing less and less.    

Stature: 
1. Lose any amount of weight.  I have lost 1.5 lbs this month.   I am down 34 lbs for the year and 63 lbs since last September.  I wish this would come off faster.   

2.  Beat my 2013 step average/day (6828 steps/day)  In July, I averaged 5049 steps/day.  That is many steps backward from last month.    I have averaged  7389 steps for the year so far.  I am going backward here.....but still technically meeting the goal.  

Spiritual: 

1. Read through the New Testament  I am on track.

2. Come up with a system to pray intentionally for people (prayer journal) and then do it.
I have done okay here....sometimes journal, sometimes don't.   I am praying.   

3.  Continue to make progress on writing the scripture in my own hand.  
   I wrote 2 Thessalonians.      In addition to last years books(Genesis, James, Nehemiah, Proverbs, 1 Peter, 2 Peter, Habakuk, Obadiah,  Titus, Jude,   Hosea, and 1 John), this year I have written Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, and 1 Thessalonians and 2 Thessalonians.

Social:
1.  Make lunch dates 1/month with one of the ladies from the church with the intent of building a relationship.  
I didn't accomplish this in August.
2. Entertain in my own home 1/month.   
I hosted the Women's Bible Study on Thursday night...but it is over now so need a new plan.    

Dream:

1.  Save money for a trip to Israel.  Research and plan the trip.  So far I have saved $671 towards my plane ticket   I received the information for the trip in the mail and can register, but I am hesitant because of the fighting that has been going on over there.  My  husband and family is also nervous for me to go with the current state of things even though there is currently a cease fire with Hamas....still fighting going on in the Golan Heights Region....and then there is ISIS.   What to do?   We are waiting to October to see how things are playing out. 
Itinerary can be found here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment