Thursday, September 11, 2014

Make Room For Baby! (Baby's Room Reveal)

Grandmama is ready!  Bring on the baby! :)  

I decided that I wanted to go with a vintage toy theme for the grandchildren. I have been planning for a while, and my creativity always is greater than my wall space.     Lately I have discovered a want to kind of go back to the way things used to be....but still have computers, hybrid cars, and cell phones.   I've brought out things that have been in the family for a while so that this little one will get a sense of history, and I can remember the good old days!  

I still need a little mirror for over the dresser.  


The old drawers were in my Grandmother's sewing machine.
The little bonnet belonged to Christy.
The silver cup belonged to my son, Michael. The Bible was mine.  
I made these :)   

Mike's grandmother (Marge Sprayberry) made the cross-stitch
for him when he was young.   The Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls
belonged to Christy.   Michael Braden is what Christy is naming
the baby.    
These are the outfits I brought my kids home from the
hospital in.   The little dress on the left was Mandy, The blue
outfit was Michael's, and the lacy dress belonged to Christy.

Mike and I remade the crib.  I painted it, and Mike
made sure the hardware was good to go.  

Play Area!   

I painted this old dresser that belonged to Christy.

I found this "vintage" school bus at Goodwill.   I had to buy
the old school little people off of ebay.   Michael used to have a bus
just like this one. 

Pa made this tool box for Mike, but I thought it was perfect for the
baby's room.  Casey, Christy's favorite stuffy when she
was little is patiently waiting on a new friend to play with.   The Teddy
Bear also belonged to Christy.   The books are the start of my
432nd children's book collection.   I have furnished school and church libraries,
but never learn my lesson and save them. :).   

We will, we will ROCK you!  :).   I love the old chenille bedspread
that a friend from church gave to me   

I recovered the bulletin board and added some needle work frames
that was made for me by my friend Carol when my son was born.The
Cross Stitch was made back when my son was born by the Chaplain's
wife. :).   Mike was still an Artillery Officer back then with no
thoughts of being a Chaplain.   

Grandpa's glove waiting for little boy to
grow up. 

I straightened the bed spread after this picture :)   Another one
of Christy's Teddy Bears...and the USA tin doing duty as
an extra blanket holder.  The Norman Rockwell print is Grandpa
and Grandson going fishing.

Cute outfit for Fall all ready to go! Don't roll your eyes
at me Casey!  

Another shot of the new shelf that Mike built.   

"My Grandfather's clock was too large for the shelf" :)
This was one of my favorite toys when I was little so I had
to have a "new" vintage one.    
Aunt Debbie made this cross stitch for my kids.   I have
searched high and low for another one she made when
Michael was born, but so far...the box containing it
has eluded me.  I have the perfect place on the wall when it is
located.   

This lamp used to be pepto bismal pink with a pink shade.
It is now sporting oil rubbed bronze and navy gingham.

Christy's hand and feet artwork when she was a kiddo.  

This picture has an old bunny of Christy's, a rocking horse I found at
Goodwill, Tiny Tim a little candle holder from my Grandmother, Mandy's silver
cup, and my old Bible and shoes from when I was a little girl.   

Mike built the headboard and the shelf.   The little boy and girl
pictures on the shelf were my Mother's vintage Home Interior
pictures.  I always loved them back then, and I keep borrowing them
from her for different rooms I'm creating.   

So....maybe a little busy...but I can always hype the little guy up and then send him home to Mama :). I had fun, and kind of like how it all turned out.   What do you think?  





4 comments:

  1. I can tell a lot of love went into this room! It looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an awesome room bringing new and history together!! What a fabulous tribute!

    ReplyDelete