Wednesday, October 1, 2014

September Update 2014 Resolutions

1. Read 100 Books in 2014  I have read 65 books so far this year   Check them out on pinterest!  http://www.pinterest.com/kathywood1/read-100-books-in-2014/ I am still behind on this goal.   

2. Brain Training Games on Kindle J.  Hey! Goals can be fun J.  I continue to play Words With Friends. Come and play me (ksw1963).   I also play Ruzze and Candy Crush.   I have been playing less and less.    

Stature: 
1. Lose any amount of weight.  I have lost 4 lbs this month.   I am down 38 lbs for the year and 67 lbs since last September.  

2.  Beat my 2013 step average/day (6828 steps/day)  In September, I averaged 5196 steps/day.  I am still not doing well here.     I have averaged  7146 steps for the year so far. I am still technically meeting the goal.

Spiritual: 

1. Read through the New Testament  I am on track.

2. Come up with a system to pray intentionally for people (prayer journal) and then do it.
On track  

3.  Continue to make progress on writing the scripture in my own hand.  
   I started writing Micah, but I haven't gotten very far.     In addition to last years books(Genesis, James, Nehemiah, Proverbs, 1 Peter, 2 Peter, Habakuk, Obadiah,  Titus, Jude,   Hosea, and 1 John), this year I have written Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, and 1 Thessalonians and 2 Thessalonians.

Social:
1.  Make lunch dates 1/month with one of the ladies from the church with the intent of building a relationship.  
I started a Mommy and Me Play Day at our church and meet with the ladies every Friday.   
2. Entertain in my own home 1/month.   
I invited one of the ladies from Church to come to our house and MIke and I took her out to dinner.   

Dream:

1.  Save money for a trip to Israel.  Research and plan the trip.  

I have saved $601 (I spent $70 of it on something this month) but I have decided to cancel the trip for now .  Because of the current events with the recent war with Hamas and the trouble at the Golan Heights border, and also because of the trouble with ISIS, my husband and parents were very troubled by the thought of my going on the trip at this time.   Hopefully soon there will be peace, and I will get to reschedule.   

Not in my goals, but accomplishments none the less is I have been scrapbooking and organizing photos and learning to quilt. I helped make a quilt for the babies room, I made one for Christy, and one for her friend.     I finished decorating the babies room and I have become a grandmother!  

No comments:

Post a Comment