Monday, August 24, 2015

Too Much Stuff!

For a while I have been thinking about how unorganized I am.   I'm neat about my clutter.  It is all behind closed doors for the most part...or stacked in areas on my desk that look kind of organized.   But I sometimes feel that I am just moving it from place to place, project to project because I know that EVENTUALLY pinterest is going to inspire me to create something wonderful!   And if I throw it away now....I will be kicking myself when I realize that I NEEDed it!  In the meantime though...it is bogging me down.    

I go on what my mother affectionately calls "sprees."   I will frantically clean everything in my house down to the smallest detail...and then go for a super long time only doing the barest requirements to make my house appear somewhat orderly, so that I am not totally embarrassed if someone walks in the door. 

When I was moving around with the military, there was a forced get rid of clutter and deep clean with every move.  Now,  I have to be a self-starter and figure out how I am going to live the rest of my life without being bogged down with too much stuff.   

Today I decided to stop being such a perfectionist about cleaning.   I don't have to do it until it is done...I just need to get started.   With that in mind, I decided to take a lesson from the Fly Lady and get rid of 27 things.   Here is my first attempt :).   (Disclaimer....not exactly my first attempt..I have tried to be organized before :)   I gathered my 27 things in one place and then either disposed of it or put it in my car to be returned to owners or donated to Goodwill.   To be honest..some of it was hard to part with. Here are some of my thoughts to justify keeping it. 

1.  The stores might run out of Baby Lotion and that last squirt that is so difficult to get out now might come in handy then!  
2. I'm going to wish that I had that expired makeup when they stop producing new makeup and I decide to start wearing makeup more regularly.   
3.  I worked so hard on that rug that I will never finish, and didn't like the way it was turning out....And the yarn was pretty expensive.
4.  Those old jewelry boxes might come in handy around Christmas time....and one is houndstooth...Roll Tide!  
5. That pillow that came with the bedding that I used two decor changes ago could be recovered....some day.  
6.  Pinterest has some great ideas for recovering old boxes with fabric...
7.  Those old shoes could come in handy to mow the yard....I know my husband actually mows the yard....but I have been known to mow the yard once upon a time.   


Now..I'm sitting in my recliner feeling 27 things lighter.  As I have learned every time I move, it only hurts for a minute...

1 comment: