Friday, August 12, 2016

A Nursery at Grandmama's House for Lucas

I started this blog a few months back, but am just now getting around to finishing it. :).  Time flies when you are having fun! ...

When I first became a grandmother, I wanted a nursery at my house so that my grandson could have a comfortable, safe environment to play and sleep in when he stays with me.   I went with a vintage nursery, because I enjoy creating a feeling of tradition and continuity within our family.   You can see the results here.   It had a cow theme, because his Mommy loved cows when she was little.  

Grandson number 2 is due to arrive any day and I wanted to tweak the nursery to welcome him to Grandmama and Grandpa's house.   I chose a Mickey Mouse theme because when my middle daughter was young she LOVED Minnie Mouse and had a super special stuffy that she wagged around with her everywhere.
Mandy opening Minnie at her 1st Birthday Party! 

    I got the idea to try to find the match to her Minnie if possible.  Thanks to ebay, I found one!  


Mandy opening Mickey at her baby shower!  

I decided to continue that theme with a Mickey Mouse room.   I kept some of the things in the original vintage room...and I added some vintage Mickey pieces.  
Saw this idea on pinterest....love pinterest!


Ready for someone to come and play!

Mandy also like's elephants..which was going
to be my original theme but got discarded 


Ready for baby changing :). 





Mandy is ready to pop! 
The next day....May 6th, 2016.  Welcome Lucas!
Happy Grandmama! 




No comments:

Post a Comment